Our client, a payment services provider are looking for a MLRO to join their team in Manchester. You will be part of a small growing business and will have the opportunity to join a company at the very beginning of their UK development. You will be responsible for being aware of any suspicious activity in the business that might be linked to money laundering establishing the AML infrastructure of the company. You will be responsible for remaining up to date on all regulatory changes that occur in the payments industry that will be relevant to the company.
- Evaluating whether there is any suspicion or evidence of money laundering or fraudulent financing
- Reporting suspicious activity and ensuring that such activity is stopped.
- Carrying out regular money laundering risk assessments.
- Training new and existing staff in prevention of money laundering.
- Assisting with policy standards, operating procedures, controls, and reporting.
- Remaining up-to-date on regulatory and compliance matters
- To be the point of contact for the FCA on all compliance and AML matters
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency is essential
- Good communications skills broth verbal and written
- A strong knowledge of UK regulatory framework
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Previous start up experience would be preferred or the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A Degree in compliance, law or finance would be an advantage
- Good commercial experience in a Compliance or Control function role with specific experience dealing with AML/CFT within a regulated financial institution.
- You will have previous experience in dealing directly with authorities and regulators including the FCA
- Experience within the online payments and high-risk industries an advantage.