Our client, a payment provider who offer multicurrency omnichannel payment services are looking to expand their business into the UK. Initially we are recruiting for a Head of Compliance and MLRO who can help shape and grow the UK entity. You will have payments industry knowledge who has the experience of leading a growing company from the ground up. You will be responsible for working directly with the FCA with a career history working in this environment.
- To report to the board of directors and keep them informed on updates and progression
- The MLRO is responsible for developing and maintaining policies & procedures and monitoring compliance
- To stay informed of regulatory changes and amend policies and procedures as necessary
- Responsible for the continued development and documentation of a formal written program of procedures so that all future employees are aware to comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with currency transaction reporting and all types of cash transactions
- Perform a review of the risk process
- Ensure monitoring of all queries developed to identify suspicious activity and AML system alerts
- Ensure all suspicious activity is reviewed
- Maintain oversight of the due diligence process.
- Manage and oversee PEP policy and procedures
- Manage and oversee the adherence to FATCA/CRS
- Previous working experience as a Head of Compliance or previous MLRO
- MA in business administration and / or a degree an advantage
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving orientation
- Payments industry experience is a must and ideally within e-money
- Ability to work on an interim basis
- Experience managing compliance & influencing decisions in a company
- Experience with US & European regulations (AIFMD, MIFID and EMIR)
- Experience conducting compliance testing, developing & drafting procedures
- Ability to understand complex financial products
Please note that this is an interim role. You will be required to work a maximum of 3-4 days per month whilst establishing the UK business.