Our client is an online payments provider who are seeking a junior compliance officer to join their team in London. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and grow your career in risk and compliance. This role would suit someone who wants to understand more about the payments industry, work in a compliance team but also someone who is happy to do daily administrative duties. We’re looking for a bright individual who is ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into a diverse fast paced job!
- Reviewing daily transaction monitoring reports and communicating any unusual transactions or potential fraud. This will also include transactional data analysis, monitoring of merchant activity and chargeback notices.
- Assisting and supporting the compliance team, including: filing, recording and updating databases, photocopying and scanning documents, and contacting third parties by phone, letter or email
- Working with all clients to prevent fraud and money laundering, by account opening and transactional review and identification of patterns.
- Support AML investigations into all relevant cases and incidents.
- Reviewing transaction processing controls and monitoring
- Undertaking the training on offer to keep updated with knowledge of the UK regulatory landscape
- To research and understand the company’s product base, complexity of the processes and systems and operating environment
- Assisting the MLRO to develop and maintain procedures
- To ensure that any concern that the company is not treating customers fairly
- To participate in any other duties that may be required
- You will be able to review big amounts of data and take fast decisions
- You must have outstanding analytic skills. You will be working with figures and numbers on a daily basis.
- To work as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and other MS Office packages is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail.