Our client is a global financial services provider specialising in digital banking and payments. Due to recent business growth they are recruiting for a lead generation specialist to join the team in London. You will make outbound calls for prospect business as well as handle inbound sales leads. Ideally you will have worked in banking or fintech but this is not essential. Previous work experience creating new business leads is required.
- Call new leads derived from lists, referrals, and other channels to create a healthy business pipeline
- To answer calls via the business development inquiry line
- Follow up with leads and previous enquires who have been contacted in the past
- To conduct the initial qualification of leads based on the telephone discussion and pass on to the senior sales team
- You will set appointments for the business development managers and senior directors to close the qualified leads
- Following up on emails and correspondence to confirm or book appointments
- Using the internal database to collect information, create relevant data and help maintain the sales pipeline on the system
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To be professional and able to make a good impression on the telephone
- You will have good self-confidence as well as the ability to take rejection when making new business cold calls
- Commercial experience in telemarketing or phone sales
- Experience using CRM/sales software is preferred
- Sales oriented and happy to work in a lead generation role is a must
- Banking, payments or financial services experience would be an advantage but not essential.