Our client, a membership organisation of the payments industry is looking for a business development manager to secure events sponsorship and membership sales. The successful candidate will have commercial experience in sales or business development in B2B media, events, or publishing. Ideally this will be in the financial services or technology industry. Payments knowledge is a bonus.
Working closely with the Head of Sales, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling membership of the of the business to companies in the banking, payments, telecoms, FinTech and PayTech sectors.
- Securing membership sales in line with personal sales targets
- Generating new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities, and targeting prospects
- Understanding your client’s business needs and requirements in a fast-moving market is essential to the role
- Producing quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process
- Manage own sales pipeline and database using the CRM system
- Develop key accounts and existing client relationships
- A hunter mentality and approach to sales is essential – proven track record of hitting sales targets
- High standard of interpersonal skills and professional confidence
- Self-motivated and target-oriented approach
- Articulate, driven and professional approach, with the ability to communicate and pitch comfortably
- Fluent spoken and written English
- An interest in Fintech and Payments is preferred
- This would suit someone with sales or business development experience in B2B media, events or publishing in the financial services or technology industry.
|Job Category||Project & Delivery, Sales & Marketing|