Our client is a licensed crypto business allowing their customers to make online transactions through cryptocurrency. Due to business growth, they are looking to hire an experience compliance professional. This is a key hire, and you will be responsible for policies, procedures, and regulation across the business.
Role details and duties:
- To report directly to the COO and be a part of the management team.
- You will be responsible for leading the company’s compliance department. This will include being responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures. You will be responsible for risk and compliance procedure and responsibilities for the company as well as ensuring that the company meets compliance requirements.
- To oversee the AML systems and controls across the business. Provide the relevant staff with consultancy on AML, risk, fraud, and compliance matters when required.
- Consistently working with the operations, product, and marketing teams
- Be the expert within the company on all compliance relating to cryptocurrency and prepaid cards
- Co-ordinate risk assessment and risk mitigation at group level
- Working closely with the Financial regulators – the UK and Europe
- Liaising with acquiring and issuing partners
- You will have experience of leading a compliance and anti-money laundering function or have been acting at deputy level and are ready for the challenge
- Have managed risk and fraud functions previously
- You will have created policy documents and policies in the past
- Proven experience to put forward compliance adherence with third party stakeholders, e.g., processors, issuing bank or regulators.
- Have a good understanding of PSD2 and GDPR
- Knowledge of prepaid or E-money is preferred.
- Experience of dealing with Card Schemes would be an advantage.
- Any cryptocurrency knowledge a real bonus
- Strong knowledge of EU financial services regulatory frameworks and previous experience working with the Estonian Financial Services Authority would be an ideal fit.
|Job Category||Risk & Compliance, Senior Management|