Working in the City of London within a dynamic and forward- thinking Fintech – This position has come about due to growth.
Junior Security Analyst will be primarily responsible for monitoring, analysing and responding to potential security threats while helping to build upon and improve the existing security monitoring toolset.
The ideal candidate will be a person passionate about Cyber Security who is just starting out or in the early stages of their cyber security career.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first line for analysing, monitoring and responding to security events and alerts, escalating when required
- Help to maintain the security operations toolset to ensure full coverage against potential threats (SIEM, EDR, Proxy, Firewall, Vulnerability Scanner, IDS etc.)
- Have awareness of real-world cyber security threats and apply this to your work
- Proactively hunt and identify threats across the company’s environment
- Build automation playbooks to improve efficiency in the Security team
- Maintain and create documentation for security processes and procedures
- As a member of the wider Security team; support operational priorities and assist others across the department where required
- Work closely with other departments to ensure threats and vulnerabilities are remediated effectively
Core Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding of cyber security principles and best practices
- Enthusiasm for cyber security and motivation to learn more
- The ability to work under pressure and within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, and security)
- Knowledge of scripting a language (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Ruby)
- Knowledge of SQL and/or searching across large datasets.
- Strong problem-solving skills with logical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritise responsibilities to effectively meet business needs