Our client is looking to expand its sales team. They are looking for a business development management to target and develop new business sales into the retail vertical. The primary function of this role is to hunt for new clients by networking, cold calling and arranging meetings. You will be retaining business as well presenting new solutions and services. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and will be happy working for a smaller organisation. There is an opportunity to work from home and you will also be required to travel. Your vertical will be retail, ideally you will have sold a service or solution into this industry.
New business development responsibilities:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn these enquiries into sales leads
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a strong sales pipeline
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- To create sales plan, approaches and pitches.
- Attend industry functions including events, conferences, and payment industry membership organisations associated with the retail industry
- Identify opportunities and work closely with the marketing function to increase sales
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the retail space
- Solid experience in building relationships, creating new business leads and the ability to network are key to this role
- Proven ability to close deals and negotiate is essential
- Ideally you will have a good knowledge of the retail and ecommerce industry
- Ability to set and manage daily responsibilities independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are key